An Intense Bicep and Tricep Workout Routine:
Let’s cut to the chase, this bicep and tricep workout routine is going to be intense but that’s the cost of success. This bicep and tricep routine will isolate those muscle groups in an effective way, and if you let your body recover properly you will see some great results. This workout routine involves varies amounts of reps and set types and will challenge your mental toughness as well.
Hope I didn’t scare any of you away… here is …
|Bicep Straight Curl||4 x 10|
|Weighted Tricep Dips||4 x 10|
|Bicep Hammer Curl||4 x 10|
|Skull Crushers (tricep)||4 x 10|
|Reverse Barbell Curl||4 x 10|
|Close-grip bench||4 x 8|
|Bicep Drop Set||4 x max|
THE BICEP AND TRICEP WORKOUT ROUTINE
- 3-4 minutes of light jump-rope or other form of light movement
Set 1: Bicep Straight Curl
- Using a straight EZ-bar/barbell do 4 sets of 10 starting at a weight that is moderately tough but you know you can do. Each set put on more weight than before. Last set should be very difficult to get 10 repetitions in.
Set 2: Weighted Tricep Dips
- Using dumbbell or weight belt & plates do 4 sets of 10. If you use a dumbbell put it between your feet. Don’t dip down any farther than 90 degrees to avoid shoulder issues. As with the first set put on more weight for each set.
Set 3: Bicep Hammer Curls
- Keeping your thumbs up, curl dumbbells either alternating or at the same time. It is easy to rock your body which isn’t good and engages your back, so keep a straight back and focus on the bicep.
Set 4: Skull Crushers
- Try and keep your elbows still and bring the EZ-bar all the way behind your head before bring it back up. As always, increase weight as you progress in sets and continue with 4 sets of 10 reps.
Set 5: Reverse Bicep Curl
- Grab the same straight bar from set 1 but have your hands PALMS DOWN. This will work your forearms but also your bicep in a different way.
Set 6: Close-grip bench
- Almost the same as regular bench but as the description suggest you have a close grip. Have your hands about 6 inches apart from the center of the barbell.
LAST BICEP SET: DROP SET BICEP CURL
- Starting at a heavy weight with dumbbells, do as many as you can without losing form. After you lose form…drop each dumbbell by 5 pounds. Continue this until you are curling 5-10 pounds in each hand.
This bicep and tricep workout routine should only be done once…MAYBE twice a week due to the intense tearing it will cause on your muscles. The drop set is designed to be extremely tough so don’t get discouraged when your arms start to feel like rubber and you can’t lift your water bottle up.
If you were looking for bicep and tricep workout routine ..this is the one that your muscles will remember. Just make sure to concentrate on the muscle group being worked and keep up the intensity!
GO GET BIG!